Saturday, October 9, 2010

The night before....


Hey All

Night before the race. Julie is in bed, with the gentle reminder that "If you wake me up I'll kill you". Ah - true love!

Today was bike/gear check in. Very smooth and well organized. While Julie checked in I had a chance to chat with some German racers, on of whom qualified at Regensburg.

Drove the bike course today. Not easy. Windy like crazy (hugs the coast), and hilly too. Temp in the mid to high 80's and humid. Had a little mishap at the coffee shop when I tried to throw the car keys out in the garbage with my banana peel. Thanks to Julie for sorting that out (I blame my splint).

We had a false Magali Tissyere sighting today, but I should note that the woman I approached was a reasonable facsimile ("Tara", it turns out, with no trace of a French accent). Ah well, it gave me an excuse to talk to her.

Got out for a run, followed by a beautiful evening swim in the ocean near our condo. I stayed close to shore though after reading "snorkeling at dusk is not recommended". They didn't say why, but suffice it to say that I watched 'Jaws' at a very formative age, and came up with my own reasoning as to why.

Up at 4AM tomorrow (mercifully only 11AM Cape Breton time!), and excited to watch the best in the world give'r. Will send another report tomorrow night.

-Bighead

(photo is from Chuckie V's blog)



No comments:

Post a Comment