Saturday, November 27, 2010

TriCan AGM coffee-break

A snowy start to the morning, and an early one. The organising comittee put on a seven o'clock "fun run" for imterested delegates. This turned out to be a pleasant, and pleasantly slow, 9km run in the freshly fallen snow through the Plains of Abraham and some nice neighbourhoods. The run was lead by a National Long-Course champion and an U23 Elire, but it was slow and steady and everyone was able to talk! Despite only having my "summer-rated" Mizuno Presicions, I managed to keep my footing!

The breakfast was disgustingly healthy. After a >45 minite run I was looking forward to bacon, but was offered bagels and fruit instead. Is this what happens when High Performance is the goal of the AGM? At least I was able to score a croissant and a couple of mini-Danishes to satisfy my saturated fat craving.

The meetings continue apace. Past TNS President Dan Gautreau has stepped down from the Atlantic Regional Director positiom, and John Russell, past TNB pres is in his place.

New TNB Pres Scott MacKenzie is also here and we have already had a good chat! NB are very jealous of our Facebook following, and so I ask you all to go and friend them, and Tri Newfoundland, om Facebook as soon as you've finished reading here. I shall continue to schmooze heavily on your behalf, and if that schmoozing happens to take place in the hotel bar rather than the fun-run, well that is a cross I shall gladly bear for you!

Oh well, back to meetings

AD

2 comments:

  1. 2 things:
    Thank you for making sure to include the yummier foods in your posts (makes my less than perfect diet feel better to me - ie peanut butter cookie at breakfast)
    And tell TriNB to get ready for me to start using the Like button (and triNFLD)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hum... For the slowish runner like me, it was a good pace 10 km in snowy but beautiful QC city! 55 minutes: is that enough to deserve bacon? :)
    back to my dictionaries, the rules are getting translated!

    ReplyDelete