Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Housekeeping



Back from the TriCan AGM. It certainly felt like Christmas in Quebec City, with the snow and all the Christmas trees and lights. Given the tight, narrow, windy streets it felt as though we could have been in an Alpine village or somewhere similar. Someone said to me it sounded very Rockwellian. I think I would contend it was more Dickensian.

Some hard work was accomplished, I promise you; it wasn't all skiving off and staring slack-jawed at the scenery. Now I'm back, housework looms in more ways than one. The car definitely needs cleaning, and probably another service. Most of the houseplants seemed to have wilted big-time in few days I was away. With any luck, a couple will revive after plenty of water and Miracle Gro applied per radix (as it were).

Also, some housekeeping on the blog and Facebook. On Facebook I have added feeds to the TNS Provincial Training Centre, Triathlon New Brunswick and the ITU, so that updates on their blogs are automatically posted our wall. I encourage all of you to find and befriend the other provincial associations via Facebook; they all have sites, as do the ITU. Interestingly, Triathlon Canada does not yet have a Facebook page, we'll let you know when they do.

Over on the TurnAround, I have added a few blogs of interest (ITU, TriNB, TriNL and a Simon Whitfield guy who's apparently quite good at the sport) as well as links to all the other PSOs from BC to NL. In case you're wondering, Cycling PEI is an associate member of TriCan, in the absence of an actual Triathlon PSO. We can now stay updated with our colleagues elsewhere in the country and if you're ever travelling, well check their calendars before you go; maybe you'll find a race do do while you're out there (Ron McScotch - I'm looking at you!).

Until later, happy reading

AD

No comments:

Post a Comment